Tuesday 16 August 2011

Finding your passion - book to help

As you know I am on a search to find my passion, calling...myself.
I have been asking around (friends and family) what they thought my strenghts were and various questions relating to that. A friend of mine made a good point: she said I always had the right words to tell her to get her back on her feet, that even when she was doing good, I could make her feel even better with my words of encouragement. That made me realize that not only do I really enjoy helping people and sharing with them, but I guess I have an ability for it. This same friend recommended me this book (she actually bought it for me and urged me to read) The book is amazing and I cant even wait to finish it to share with all of you, here are excerpts from 'Three feet from gold'

  • The most common cause of failiure is quitting
  • Before great success comes, you will surely meet with temporary defeat
  • There is a difference between being interested and being commited(I guess that this is what I am trying to accomplish figure out all my interest and find a passion I can turn into my calling...)
  • Seek counsel, not opinion, and then pass it on.
  • A dream is just a dream until it is written down. Only then does it become a goal.
  • Sometimes you have to step back and look at your situation from a different angle to find a different solution.
  • Passion + Talent x Association = success
  • Collaboration is essential to create miracles.
  • Climb safe, but climb to the top
  • Many receive good advice, yet few profit from it.
  • People give up too soon.
  • Success is the reward for setbacks.
  • Success simply comes from going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm
  • Ten percent of your attitude is determined by what life hands you and ninety percent by how you choose to respond.
  • You need two types of courage- First, the courage to start, Second the courage to not quit!
  • Replace your wishbone with a backbone.
  • Act in spite of fear.
  • Run from people with negative attitudes.
  • There are no limitations to the minds except those we acknowledge.
  • If you want something to change, then change the way you look at it.
  • Your first five minutes dictate your day.
  • Never let other people stand in your way.Turn adversity into advantages-turn their doubt into your catalyst.




No comments:

Post a Comment